Welcome to the Summer Boating Season!
We began our "Spring Update" almost three weeks ago when there was still ice on the Lakes. Mother Nature never ceases to amaze when she is ready to make something happen.
As we look back through our records, we were able to begin this season's launch 4 weeks earlier than last year. We already have a lot of you on the water for the season and everything appears to be going smoothly. We are grateful for our ever-loyal clientele base. Your early coordination for launches, deliveries and pick-ups, coupled with your patience ensures that every detail is looked after by our talented team of Technicians, Service Staff and Delivery Captains.
As our summer season continues to march forward and you begin to enjoy the warmer weather, the following tips with hopefully prevent any unneeded trips to our Service Department and keep you on the water.
Our calendar of events is filling up quickly and changes are made to our schedules daily. Don't see the event you are looking for or want to talk to us about our award winning Women Making Waves course? We are always a phone call or an email away. Can't reach us on a Sunday? Send us a quick email and we will get back to you as quickly as possible.
- Don't forget your DRAIN PLUG!! These tiny but precious parts are actually our best sellers this time of the year. We have every size in stock - it never hurts to pick up a spare.
- Don't ignore your trailer. Check tire condition and pressure, winch straps, wheel bearings and lubricate as needed. And please don't forget your tie down straps.
- Don't forget to charge your battery and clean the terminals prior to your first launch. Batteries typically last somewhere between 3 and 5 years. Not sure if your battery is good? Drop it into our parts counter for an electronic test free of charge. Battery disposal is also free this time of year with the purchase of a new marine battery.
- Give your boat time to warm up at the dock prior to your first ride. Open your engine compartment, check your gauges and please check to see how much fuel you have on board. This is also a great time to check your safety equipment. Have expired flares? June 19-20th we will run our Annual Flare Disposal Program with the Peterborough Power and Sail Squadron. Call us for more details.
- Rocks are constant, water levels are not - please check water levels before you go boating and adjust your course accordingly...maybe time for that new Garmin GPS?? We are now a full line Garmin Dealer and look forward to showing you how competitive our pricing is! We won't be undersold on Garmin Product.
Joe and I are in the dealership everyday and look forward to seeing each of you this season, please stop in, even if it's just to catch up. We have added some new team members to our expanding business and look forward to introducing you to our growing team.
See you on the water!
Deborah & Joe